Thursday, March 3, 2016

My Review on ESPN's 30 for 30: The '85 Bears

First off I didn't know much about the 1985 Chicago Bears other than the fact that they won the Super Bowl and a handful of players and coaches. I knew there the defense was one of the best there ever was and that there was a thing called the super bowl shuffle. The documentary starts out with the saving of Buddy Ryan's job in the organization. This was unknown to me I was always told what a great defensive coordinator he was. I really liked overall the amount of Coach Ryan in the film, it really showed how effective he made that defense and how much of a impact he made on his players, most notably in Mike Singletary. One of my favorite parts of the film was Jim McMahon. I knew he was the quarterback who won the Super Bowl but not much else. The film showed his kind of bad boy personality that I found entertaining but he was also tough and took a lot of hits that gained him respect. In showing this side of McMahon the film also addressed his condition and the harsh realities that result from taking so many hits throughout a professional football career. Another aspect I enjoyed was getting the see the team struggle through losing in the playoffs the season before, it setup the determination in the championship team and of course the initial decision to put "The Fridge" in at running back. All in all I enjoyed learning more about the '85 bears and would recommend any football fan to watch it. It is currently available on Netflix.

Link: ESPN 30 for 30: The '85 Bears - Ditka


No comments:

Post a Comment