Tuesday, February 9, 2016

About Me

My Name is Nolan Irelan. I am a senior at Illinois State University and I love Chicago sports. I was born and raised watching the Bears, Bulls, Blackhawks, and the Cubs (sorry south-siders). It all started with my father's love of Chicago Bears football. Having coached me as a youth football player, my Dad would show me highlights of Walter "Sweetness" Peyton running the football. Peyton was the definition of what a football player strives to become. The Chicago Bulls of the nineties became an obsession of mine at a young age, who didn't love Michael Jordan growing up? The Blackhawks most recent dynasty (yes, dynasty) has became a huge part of any Chicago fan's life. And who can't enjoy a summer game watching the lovable losers at Wrigley Field. I am creating this blog for a class I am currently in at ISU, where students create a fictional company and take all the steps to develop it electronically. My company is a Chicago sports memorabilia shop called "Chi-town Collectables" located  in Wrigleyville. We have everything from baseball cards to game used balls and jerseys to championship rings. This blog is a place where I can share the backgrounds of Chicago players and teams as well as the items that can be found at the shop. I will share personal stories and reflect on the great history of Chicago athletics that have shaped the best sports fans in the world. I will provide authentic real life stories, statistics, and records. I want to share what I already know and research further Chicago sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment